This week its Valentines day, the shops are full of things to overspend on, newspapers full of offers for “the one you love” and the price of flowers will go up! Sorry to be a cynic but is that really what Love is all about? I was going to write a blog about loving yourself more, but then I realised that that too was a little self absorbed. So for valentines week this year how about finding opportunities to share the love with as many people as possible?
Connecting with others is part of the human makeup, and we benefit from it emotionally and physically. We know that people live longer and have better quality lives when they have strong social connections. Enjoying someones company, laughing and engaging with others helps our cardiovascular system as we produce more oxytocin which protects our hearts and arteries. There are now so many studies out there demonstrating the powerful impact of positive relationships, surely there is no doubt how important it is to share the love!
Share the love this week
So here is my challenge to you, to increase the love in your life and to share the love with others this valentines week. How?
- Praise & compliment those around you. We criticize to easily, lets reverse the trend.
- Always look for the positive intentions in what people do rather than the negative.
- Take time to listen to other people, to really understand what they are saying to you.
- Find reasons to smile and laugh, by yourself and with others
- Love yourself for who you are.
Happy valentines week!
Alison Burgess is a Confidence Builder, Trainer and Coach. For more information about building confidence go to the Limitless for Life website, contact Alison on 07931 556 167 or click here to follow on twitter.